Happy New Year!
Happy New Year, everyone! It’s already been eventful!
1. It may have been in 2013, but the Austin trip was fantastic. I met some amazing people with incredible stories, and worked with a crew from Arcos Films, who are cutting a video on LTT for one of their first features for the Mental Health Channel. This is due out in the next few months. I’ll be sure to keep you all updated on when that happens!
2. I traveled to the Sunshine State (Florida, where I grew up), and collected 3 stories between Miami and Orlando. It was nice to get away from that awful winter snap. There were even manatees!
3. I’m finalizing travel plans for Boston (4/4-4/6) and Los Angeles (4/10-4/14). While in LA, I’ll be on a survivor’s panel at the American Association of Suicidology‘s annual conference AND I’ll be a guest on Paul Gilmartin’s Mental Illness Happy Hour podcast!
4. Tonight, I’ll be the guest expert on #SPSM Chat (a Twitter chat) at 10PM EST. SPSM Chat is targeted towards mental health and communication professionals using social media to make suicide a “never” event. SPSM Chat goes down every Sunday night at the same time. If you’re not following me on Twitter yet, you have two options: @deseraestage and @lttphoto.
5. I still have LTT t-shirts (in all sizes) and tote bags available. If you’d like one, click here. If you’re not interested in swag and just want to donate—the project runs on donations (and personal funds)—click here.
Hope all is well with every single one of you. Thanks, as always, for your support. It means the world to me.
Want to support us?
Live Through This is made possible in part by donations from incredible humans like you.
If the project moves you and you have even a single dollar to spare, please consider donating. Every dollar donated goes straight back into the project. These funds allow for gear, web real estate and hosting, travel associated with the project, professional fees, conference attendance, and more.
For more ways to support us, be sure to check out our merchandise, subscribe to our mailing list, and join the #STAY campaign by sharing a picture of you and your Live Through This gear!